Friday, February 6, 2009

The Genesis

I've been following the events unfolding in the world from the point of view of an investor. Even though I grew up as a bottom-up value investors focused on security selection, I have spent the better part of the last 2 years focused on big picture, i.e. being a macro-oriented investor. After reading ndk's excellent post on why US can't deflate unilaterally, I had what I believe to be an epiphany on what's going on in the world. I then went on and put my thoughts down on paper. The logical next step was to then create a blog, in case I have more of these thoughts in the future. Like it always is, this is not really meant to be a blog, but it serves me as a place to organize my evolution of thought process, and most importantly as a place to gather thoughts from the wisers in the blogosphere. Actually, strike the thought gathering part because it's not clear whether this blog will attract any postings from those of you reading to begin with. But I want to let you know that I welcome any exchanges and corrections from you out there.

Oh yeh, the name "Could Marx Be Right" is chosen not because I subscribe to Mr. Marx's ideology, (or anyone's ideology for that matter) but because I want to frame this blog as one that tries to challenge all conventional wisdom and encourage asking unthinkable questions. Is the fractional banking system a Ponzi scheme? Is it possible for the world economy to go into a 30-year Dark Age of Depression? Or is it possible for US to inflate like Zimbabwe and have Dow goes to 300 million points? Could Israel's military victory in 1967 sowed the very seeds for the demise of the Jewish race? Would the major European countries form a federal union with collective fiscal taxation power as a result of the financial crisis, thus paving the way for a true European Union?

No comments:

Post a Comment